The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) (Institute of Sheffield)
The local Institute of Sheffield represents all those living and working in the South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and North Derbyshire area. The membership is around 850 with members working in a wide variety of industry sectors.
The services of the CII are to organise educational, charitable, social and sporting activities.
- To promote efficiency and improvement in the practice of insurance amongst both members and non-members.
- To make the conduct of insurance business more effective and professional.
- To encourage confidence in those people working in the insurance industry through reliable testing.
- To promote and assist the study of any subjects relating to a branch of insurance.
- To collect and form a body of expert opinion on the law and practice relating to all things connected with insurance.
- To supervise and control the professional standards of members and to promote their interests, welfare and advancement.
- To provide information and advice about employment in insurance.
- To help members and their dependants in times of financial hardship.
Upcoming CII Events